Home building is a process. An Owner Builder, to be successful, must implement a process management system that lays out the steps required. And this is true whether it’s a major home building project or a simple remodel.
Home building and remodeling projects follow logical sequences that, while self evident in some cases, can be confusing to people who do not do it for a living. Operating without such a system is a recipe for disaster.
What is a Process Management System?
Simply put, a process management system guides the project manager through the entire building or remodeling project. Take a look at some of the รับสร้างบ้านราชบุรี important phases of home building and the items that a good system will include:
- Analyzing the land or parcel that the home is to be constructed upon
- Accessing and understanding the building codes for the area
- Working with a home designer to create the house plans
- Deciding on building materials for the home
- Devising a construction strategy for building the home
- Identifying the contractors to be used
- Coordinating the deliveries of building materials
- Coordinating and managing the efforts of subcontractors
- Scheduling the inspections by the local authorities
- Quality Control, trouble shooting and implementing remedies
- Setting up regular communications channels
- Loan processing and handling payments to suppliers and contractors
- Completing the all important punch lists
From this outline, you can see that a thorough framework is needed to keep the project moving forward to completion. Each of the above segments will have numerous sub steps and a good process management system will guide you through them.
Who Can Run the System?
Not all systems are in print. Some builders, although these are a dying breed, fortunately, operated by the seat of their pants. They rely on their experience to get them through each project. Even in this way, they are still utilizing a management system. Process management resources can be found with the following:
General Contractors: A good General Contractor will have a written or online process management system that often includes a communication tool to keep in touch with his clients.